Stewardship program - Warragul and Drouin
Warragul-Drouin Future Weekend
Welcome to the final week of our Parish Stewardship Program.
In recent weeks we have reflected on:
- The role of faith in our lives
- The importance of coming together to celebrate the Eucharist each weekend
- Our commitment to growing in faith
We have also considered our parish as a community of faith:
- Are we a place of welcome?
- Do we have a clear mission to live the values of the Gospel?
- Am I making my contribution to parish life by being involved in our Groups & Ministries?
This week brings it all together. We look to the future – imagining what sort of parish we want to be. Led by the Lord, we're filled with hope, but we need the support and contribution of every individual if we are to fulfil God's plan for us.
This week we ask you to finalise your commitments by:
- Signing up for a parish group or ministry
- Making your meaningful pledge of financial support to the Stewardship Program.
Fr Peter Slater
Leadership Team thoughts
Why do you think it’s important to support your Parish financially through our Parish Stewardship Program?
“Our parish needs to be supported financially because buildings need to be maintained as well as having faith formation and sacramental programs”
“Without my support, the parish will not survive”
“No organisation can function successfully without financial resources: simply a fact of life”
“Simple economics – we support it so it can continue to do its good works”
“Funds are necessarily required to provide ongoing support and services to our parish community”
“To provide and support for our priests and the needs of our parish family”
“For our parish to continue its work, it needs to have the finances to support it: from the actual cost of maintenance and insurance, to having a place where we can gather to worship and socialise as a community”