Use of information
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Sale through its media office, Catholic Media Gippsland, will collect and maintain in our database certain personally identifiable information from you only when you provide it to us on a voluntary basis, for example, when you subscribe to be advised of updates or contact us.
Your email address will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it, and it will not be added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your consent.
We will not share any information about you with third parties.
Please be aware that this site does not yet provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the Internet.
When you look at our website please be aware that through our Internet Service Provider there is a record of your visit and information about it. This is the usual practice for an Internet Service Provider. We do not gather any information which personally identifies you or your email address.
The information we gather is to help us to analyse our site and which pages are the most popular, so as to provide a better service.
Information gathered may include:
- The date and time of your visit to the site
- Whether you are a first time visitor
- The pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- The last page you visited
- How long you were logged on to our site
- Whether you logged on via a link from another site, used a search engine, typed in our URL address, or used a Favorites bookmark. (This information does tells us which search engine was used and the name of the site with a link to our site.)
Last reviewed: May 2015